New or used pontoon boats can be easily updated with the latest boat accessories for boat seating, bimini tops, deck carpet, covers, boat tables, and more
The open deck layout of a pontoon boat lends itself to cost-effective add-on features and accessories. Pontoon boat accessories can easily be replaced as they become worn or in need of repair. A cheap or basic pontoon boat can also be upgraded by outfitting it with the latest luxury features in seating, bimini tops, deck carpet, slides and more.
Pontoon Boat Accessories for Boat Deck Comfort
A comfortable boating environment is an enjoyable boating experience. Pontoon boats are designed for convenience and comfort on the boat deck and can be even more comfortable with the addition of some simple accessories.
- Boat seats and furniture. The flexibility of seating design on a pontoon boat is one of its biggest advantages over other styles of boats. Standardized seating components and furniture can be added to create the ideal seating arrangement. Luxury custom furniture seating is available for the ultimate seating comfort on pontoon boats.
- Bimini tops. A shade enclosure for sun protection during long days on the water is essential. Bimini boat tops are typically available in pre-determined widths and lengths for quick and cost-effective upgrades to pontoon boats.
- Boat covers. It is good practice to cover the open deck of a pontoon boat with a boat cover to keep the interior clean and protected from the elements. It is important to update a boat cover when it becomes worn or damaged.
- Deck carpet. Soft deck carpet makes spending hours on a boat more comfortable and enjoyable. Marine grade deck carpet can be customized to a boat’s exact size for a finished look and fit.
- Boat tables & cup holders. Like a good minivan, boats need lots of cup holders. Sturdy boat tables and components can easily be updated due to standardized fittings.
- Marine stoves & refrigerators. The convenience of built-in marine grade stoves and refrigerators is ideal for long afternoons on the water.
- Privacy partition. Adding a privacy partition will make it easier for guests to comfortably change clothes while on the boat.
Pontoon Boat Accessories for Boating Fun
- Boat slides. A fixed or inflatable boat slide turns a pontoon boat into a water park adventure.
- Wake board towers. When equipped with a stern drive engine, a pontoon boat can be used to tow wake boarders or water skiers. An attached tower is the ultimate accessory for organizing water toys.
- Swim or boarding ladders. For both comfort and fun, a good ladder will make climbing on board from an afternoon swim much easier.
- Grills or barbecues. Specialized marine grade stainless steel grills will last longer on the water and save space by attaching to boat rails.
- Fish finders. Pontoon boats make great fishing boats because they are close to the water. An electronic fish finder will help fishing enthusiasts locate even more fish.
Updating Pontoon Boats with New Accessories
Many pontoon boat brands and manufacturers carry their own line of boat accessories to compliment or upgrade a used pontoon boat. Popular brands such as Sun Tracker, Bentley, Harris and Leisure offer a nice selection of parts and accessories for pontoon boat updates.
Brands like Starcraft Marine are leading the industry with new and innovative luxury features like the SureShade retractable sunshades on their Majestic 256 Starliner. With the growing popularity of pontoon boats, more and more suppliers are specializing in unique boat accessories to update boat deck comfort and fun.
You may also be interested in these articles:
Latest posts by Diane Seltzer (see all)
- Best Time of the Year to Donate a Boat to Charity - June 21, 2017
- Boating with Your Dog – How to Keep it Fun & Safe - June 18, 2017
- New Pandora Radio Boating Station: West Marine Waterlife Radio - May 9, 2017
- Best Holiday Boating Posts and Images on Instagram - December 26, 2016
- 5 Hot New Boat Trends from 2016 Fort Lauderdale Boat Show - November 17, 2016