This post is brought to you by Maine-ly Fish Prints, makers of hand made doormats and other products made from 100% recycled lobster rope previously used by Maine lobstermen. MyBoatLife.com was given product samples in exchange for an unbiased review.
A doormat is your first impression when visitors arrive at your front door, so why not choose to have it reflect your nautical style?
As boaters we are always on the look-out for unique, yet classy, nautical items to enhance your home. The balance of functional, decorative, nautical AND classy is not always an easy thing to accomplish.
Maine-ly Fish Prints first caught our eye on Instagram with their bold and colorful lobster rope designs. So naturally we were thrilled when they reached out for a review of their Maine lobster rope doormats.
First, here are a few things that I love about the company’s Maine lobster rope products:
- Made of authentic lobster rope – the company works with over 24 different lobstermen in Maine to reclaim and recycle their used float and sink lobster rope that would normally end up in a landfill
- 100% Reclaimed materials – the company takes their 100% reclaimed commitment seriously, with all material coming from recycled lobster rope and by donating 1% of annual sales to sustainable initiatives
- Hand crafted designs – these are not mass-produced products – each one is hand-made by a small business in Maine, making it truly unique and special
- Bold nautical colors – they carefully select lobster rope in a variety of cool nautical colors – both bright and naturally faded for unique designs
- American-made – products are not only made in the U.S.A., they are proudly made in Maine where the materials are sourced
Maine Lobster Rope Doormats
These are not your ordinary doormats – certainly not the mass-produced rubber smelling kind you’ll find at your local big box store. If you are a fan of boats, or just the nautical style, you’ll love that these lobster rope doormats by Maine-ly Fish Prints are both authentic and one-of-a-kind pieces.
As for the quality, because it is made from durable lobster rope it is an extremely durable doormat. As the company says, “If they can last almost a decade of wear and tear in the Atlantic Ocean, they will hold up on your porch or patio!”
Taking an up-close look at one of the samples I was given gives you an idea of the quality and durability.
Other noteworthy details:
- Dimensions are 19″ x 30″
- Doormat is the same on the front & back side (can be easily flipped as needed)
- Numerous colors and designs to choose from to match nearly any home decor (even seasonal red & green styles for the holidays!)
- Texture is somewhat rough – good for scraping dirty shoes on (but maybe not too comfortable for bare feet on a boat)
- Cost is $44 for doormats (very reasonable considering they are handmade)
Where to Buy
In addition to lobster rope doormats the company also sells other unique items made with lobster rope like coasters, bottle openers and even a dog toy. Each item comes with a tag tells a real Maine story from the lobstermen who used it, to the hands that made it, to the small businesses that retail them… making it a truly special purchase or gift.
All of the Maine lobster rope products are available for purchase directly from the company’s website at Maine-ly Fish Prints.
Sign up for our weekly email
Disclosure: This site may contain links that are affiliated with companies where we receive compensation. Also, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure policy.
Latest posts by Sponsored Post (see all)
- How to Easily Add a Bow or Stern Thruster to Your Boat - December 15, 2020
- How to Get Your Boat Ready For Summer - April 28, 2020
- How To Rent My Boat On A Boat Rental App - April 5, 2020
- How Often Should I Service My Outboard Motor? - January 21, 2020
- Keep Your Boat and Dock Zebra and Quagga Mussel Free - August 12, 2019