New or used pontoon boats can be easily updated with the latest boat accessories for boat seating, bimini tops, deck carpet, covers, boat tables, and more
One of the most affordable boat styles on the market, a pontoon boat offers both comfort and fun for boaters. A variety of after-market upgrades and boat accessories enable both customization and longevity for a pontoon boat owner.
The open deck layout of a pontoon boat lends itself to cost-effective add-on features and accessories. Pontoon boat accessories can easily be replaced as they become worn or in need of repair. A cheap or basic pontoon boat can also be upgraded by outfitting it with the latest luxury features in seating, bimini tops, deck carpet, slides and more.
Pontoon Boat Accessories for Boat Deck Comfort
A comfortable boating environment is an enjoyable boating experience. Pontoon boats are designed for convenience and comfort on the boat deck and can be even more comfortable with the addition of some simple accessories.
Here are boat accessories to consider for improving comfort on a pontoon boat:
- Boat seats and furniture. The flexibility of seating design on a pontoon boat is one of its biggest advantages over other styles of boats. Standardized seating components and furniture can be added to create the ideal seating arrangement. Luxury custom furniture seating is available for the ultimate seating comfort on pontoon boats.
- Bimini tops. A shade enclosure for sun protection during long days on the water is essential. Bimini boat tops are typically available in pre-determined widths and lengths for quick and cost-effective upgrades to pontoon boats.
- Boat covers. It is good practice to cover the open deck of a pontoon boat with a boat cover to keep the interior clean and protected from the elements. It is important to update a boat cover when it becomes worn or damaged.
- Deck carpet. Soft deck carpet makes spending hours on a boat more comfortable and enjoyable. Marine grade deck carpet can be customized to a boat’s exact size for a finished look and fit.
- Boat tables & cup holders. Like a good minivan, boats need lots of cup holders. Sturdy boat tables and components can easily be updated due to standardized fittings.
- Marine stoves & refrigerators. The convenience of built-in marine grade stoves and refrigerators is ideal for long afternoons on the water.
- Privacy partition. Adding a privacy partition will make it easier for guests to comfortably change clothes while on the boat.
Pontoon Boat Accessories for Boating Fun
Known as a “party boat”, pontoon boats are all about having fun on the water. Equipping a pontoon boat with a few extra fun accessories will make it even more enjoyable.
Some fun pontoon boat accessories include:
- Boat slides. A fixed or inflatable boat slide turns a pontoon boat into a water park adventure.
- Wake board towers. When equipped with a stern drive engine, a pontoon boat can be used to tow wake boarders or water skiers. An attached tower is the ultimate accessory for organizing water toys.
- Swim or boarding ladders. For both comfort and fun, a good ladder will make climbing on board from an afternoon swim much easier.
- Grills or barbecues. Specialized marine grade stainless steel grills will last longer on the water and save space by attaching to boat rails.
- Fish finders. Pontoon boats make great fishing boats because they are close to the water. An electronic fish finder will help fishing enthusiasts locate even more fish.
Pontoon Boat Accessories
Check out these popular accessories for your pontoon boat!
Sign up for our weekly email
Disclosure: This site may contain links that are affiliated with companies where we receive compensation. Also, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure policy.
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder & Editor at My Boat Life
Diane is the founder of MyBoatLife.com as well as the boating lifestyle site for kids BoaterKids.com. Active in the boating industry, Diane is also the CMO of Epoch Boats, an all-electric hydrofoil boat startup.
Latest posts by Diane Seltzer (see all)
- Shakedown Cruise Your First Boat Ride of the Season - June 1, 2023
- 10 Spring Boat Prep Steps We Do to Get Our Boat Ready to Launch - March 23, 2023
- What’s New in Electric Boating at Annapolis Boat Show - February 13, 2023
- Boat A/C Not Working – How to Troubleshoot & Fix Marine Air Conditioner Problems - August 16, 2022
- Upgrading a Tube TV to Flat Screen HD Smart TV on a Boat - June 6, 2022
Great List! We would like to add another accessory that wasn’t available in 2013, but is now — a do it yourself upper deck kit! Adding a second deck to a pontoon boat is now easy and affordable. And not to mention increases the value of the boat and the fun! We might be biased because we make the kit, but check it out at http://www.jsupperdecks.com
Comments are closed.