Popular boat names for 2011 prove that best boat names for boaters are names about relaxing and enjoying time on the water
Whether you are choosing a nautical pun or a personal spin on your own name, it’s clear that the best boat names are ones that are a true reflection of your lifestyle and general attitude toward boating.
Some boaters just know right away what the perfect boat name should be… while others struggle with the decision and may need a few ideas from other boaters to help them pick the best boat name for their own boat. That’s when top ten lists and popular boat name lists can be very helpful.
Boat Names About Relaxation Top the List for Boaters
One boat name trend that seems to continue to be popular is focusing on a boat name that demonstrates a boater’s desire to relax and have fun on the water with family and friends. In fact, a recent list of the most popular boat names for 2011 (compiled by FirstBoat.com) is full of names that demonstrate how boaters enjoy their time on the water… like “Serenity”, “Happy Ours” and “Just Chillin”.
Check out the full list of the best boat names for 2011 according to popularity:
1. Serenity (In addition to “Serenity” we saw variations such as “Serenity Now!” of Seinfeld fame, as well as clever misspellings including “Sea-Renity”)
2. Happy Ours (Time was a common theme in boat names this year. Variations on this boat name included “Happy Hours” and “Happy Hour”)
3. Feelin’ Nauti (This one surprised us when it rose to the top five, as there are so many other popular boat names that include “Nauti” in the name)
4. Family Time (Another variation of the Time theme that we saw again and again. There were many other boat names that referenced Time that came close to the top ten)
5. Liberty (Always a favorite, we also saw variations such as Miss Liberty, Lady Liberty, and Liberty Belle)
6. Black Pearl (Every boater feels like a pirate sometimes. Just plain “Pearl” was popular as well, but it didn’t crack our top ten)
7. Andiamo (Let’s Go! A quick internet search will show you that this is not only a popular name for boats, but also for Italian restaurants in America)
8. Knot On Call (Several boat names used the word “Knot” cleverly, but only this one made the top ten)
9. High Maintenance (Yes, this describes most boats very accurately)
10. Just Chillin (Looks like relaxing is on the mind of even the younger generation of boaters)
According to FirstBoat publisher Andrew Canepari, “It is clear from these names, perhaps now more than ever, that boating really provides people with a way to relax and make the most of their time with family and friends.”
Did your favorite boat name make the Top 10 popular boat names list for 2011? Post your boat name in comments below!
Sign up for our weekly email
Disclosure: This site may contain links that are affiliated with companies where we receive compensation. Also, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure policy.
You may also be interested in these articles:
Latest posts by Diane Seltzer (see all)
- Bay Bridge Boat Show 2021 in Maryland with Video - April 18, 2021
- Does Our Boat Need Full Bottom Paint or Touch up? - March 30, 2021
- Boat Trip to Historic Havre de Grace Maryland - March 10, 2021
- 6 Boats Designed with Fold-down Sides for Expanded Decks, Cockpits and Water Access - February 23, 2021
- Too Much Power? 5 or 6 Outboard Engines Boat Trend - February 7, 2021