West Marine Launches “Red, White, Blue & a Selfie Too” Social Media Contest through July 4th
West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, is giving America’s love of selfies a patriotic twist with its first “Red, White, Blue & a Selfie Too” social media contest, offering participants the chance to win a $2,016 West Marine gift card.
The contest is set to take place at West Marine stores across the U.S. and Puerto Rico from June 25-July 4, 2016.
Beginning June 25, each of West Marine’s 261 retail store locations will give 50 American flag paper fans to would-be contest participants.
The front side of the fan features the American Flag:
…while the back side outlines pertinent contest details and instructions:
How to Enter the Selfie Contest:
• Take a selfie with the fan showing the American flag
• Upload the image to Instagram or Facebook and include the hashtags
#2016Bucks4Me and #WestMarine
• Post by July 4 in order to be eligible to win the $2,016 gift card
Each West Marine store will have exactly 50 paper fans to give away, and additional fans can be downloaded at westmarine.com/2016bucks. The winning entry will be announced July 8 and contacted directly by West Marine.
“Our social media contests have been gaining popularity, and we’re so excited to see what photos form our first ‘Red, White, Blue and Selfie Too’ contest will look like and what creative ways our customers choose to show their patriotism,” says Laura Berry, West Marine Senior Marketing Manager.
Disclosure Policy: This site may contain links that are affiliated with companies where we receive compensation. Full disclosure policy.
For more details about the Red, White, Blue & a Selfie Too contest, plus all of the contest rules and regulations, please visit westmarine.com/2016bucks.
You may also be interested in these articles:
Latest posts by Diane Seltzer (see all)
- More Than 63,000 Boats Damaged or Destroyed by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma - November 10, 2017
- Best Time of the Year to Donate a Boat to Charity - June 21, 2017
- Boating with Your Dog – How to Keep it Fun & Safe - June 18, 2017
- New Pandora Radio Boating Station: West Marine Waterlife Radio - May 9, 2017
- Best Holiday Boating Posts and Images on Instagram - December 26, 2016