Atlantic ICW cruise takes crew from Solomon’s Island MD to Hampton VA on day two of the two week journey to FL
This guest post blog series details the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Cruise of two friends, Karen and George, as they cruise the east coast from Chesapeake Bay to the Florida Gulf Coast.
We were all taken by the splender of the Chesapeake Bay as we caught site of a scowl of dolphins following alone on our port side.
We passed by several landmarks such as the Point to Point Marker and the historic Point Lookout Lighthouse in St. Mary’s County, MD at 8:45 am.
Overall the day was relaxing. We cruised the Chesapeake along the west coast line until we pulled into port at Salt Ponds Marina.
Located in Hampton, VA on the Chesapeake Bay, this is a picturesque resort community only 53 miles from Norfolk Canyon.
After a hearty breakfast and lazy morning, we left Salt Pond Marina at 9:30 am, heading back to the Chesapeake Bay. Once again we faced high winds of 10-15 knots with 30 knot gusts. The sound of Langley Air Force Base jets overhead as we headed toward the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay onto the next leg of our journey.
Follow the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Cruise
Continue to follow their two week journey on this blog as Karen shares guest posts detailing each leg of their cruise along the Intracoastal Waterways.
See all the latest posts:
Intracoastal Waterway Cruise
You may also be interested in these articles:
Latest posts by Diane Seltzer (see all)
- More Than 63,000 Boats Damaged or Destroyed by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma - November 10, 2017
- Best Time of the Year to Donate a Boat to Charity - June 21, 2017
- Boating with Your Dog – How to Keep it Fun & Safe - June 18, 2017
- New Pandora Radio Boating Station: West Marine Waterlife Radio - May 9, 2017
- Best Holiday Boating Posts and Images on Instagram - December 26, 2016